Morning Prayer 7hoo/7h30
Holy Mass 7h45/9h00
Midday Prayer 12H30
29th of September 1891, 9 Augustinian sisters together with Bishop Jolivet and 3 oblate fathers, embark on the Natal. The journey lasted 3 months.
31st October 1891 arrived in Durban
6th November 1891 Augustinian sister arrived in Estcourt and opened a school.
1892 teachers were urgently required in March 1892 Cecilia and Maud McLoughlin from Cape town assume the teaching post
1897 the Ladysmith Sanatorium was opened
In 1912 a training school for nurses was opened
1925 the Durban community founded another Children’s Home for destitute coloured boys. In 1932 the community established two schools, a small hospital and a church
Novitiate was transferred to Nottingham Road in 1953 and later in Botha’s Hill in 1985 and in 1998 Botha’s Hill became a retreat centre
In 1966 the Dundee Diocese appealed for assistance to the Augustinian sisters to run the Mission Maternity Hospital and clinic at Pomeroy.
The first prioress of the Autonomous House of St Augustine was Mother Columba Costelloe in 1970
1995 in Durban sisters established a Home and school for destitute coloured girls called St Philomena’s and in 1976 the home was transferred to Malvern and later to Sydenham